Careful selection of very comfortable materials, close attention to flexibility in usage and the ability to produce to tailor-made specifications are all good reasons why Hansen Protection expect a lot from their new survival-suit, the “SeaAir Europe Pilot Suit”
The SeaAir Europe Pilot Suit is a totally new suit from Hansen Protection that completes their line-up of Aviation Suits. The Norwegian company has, until now, been lacking an alternative for helicopter crews, and the new suit means they now have a very competitive solution.
“The users’ daily lives will be improved because the construction, choice of materials and the ability to produce to tailor-made specifications opens up for a fit and ergonomics that are exceptional,” said Product Manager Kunt Aasle.
“Adjustable Neck Seal” is the name of the new neck closure used for the first time on a survival suit. This solution allows the user to vent through the neck seal when it is in standby mode. In addition, it is designed to avoid uncomfortable tightening around the neck in the work situations. In an emergency the neck opening is closed in seconds.
SeaAir Europe Pilot Suit, if required, can be produced to tailor-made specifications for optimum fit and it is possible to choose between several pocket options. In total 11 small and large pockets are available on new SeaAir Europe Pilot Suit.
Features and details:
- Ergonomic design, with soft, light material that provide 100% freedom of movement
- GoreTexNomex III –flame retardant and breathable fabric
- Removable inner lining in aramid fiber with temperature control
- Pocket on calves for hood and pockets on the sleeves with room for gloves
- Removable thigh pockets for notebook / map / iPad Mini and personal belongings
- Cargo pockets and pen pocket on the sleeve
- Front pocket on the chest next to the main zipper
- Three different neck options, including a new adjustable seal for increased comfort
- Internal braces
- Available in sizes from XS to XXXL, with possibilities for personalization
- Can be supplied with the newly developed lifejacket SeaLion Europe Pilot with Emergency Breathing System
The EASA standard also calls for lifejacket that is adapted for the suit. Hansen Protection has developed SeaLion Europe Pilot Life Jacket which is designed as a snug fitting vest. Together with the suit these combine to make a complete survival system for helicopter crews flying offshore.
The lifejacket is available in four sizes for optimal fit. An Emergency Breathing System is internally on one the side for comfort. The mouth piece is located at the front of the lifejacket and is readily available for use in an emergency.
“We have selected a location for Emergency Breathing System that minimizes any negative effects. This is a comfortable solution for both when seated and moving around in the cockpit”, Knut Åsle added.