The Annual Meeting consists of informative presentations, panel discussions on pertinent military and national security subjects, workshops and important AUSA business meetings.
The three day event (21-23 October 2013; Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Washington, D.C.) also includes over 600 industry and military exhibits occupying over 500,000 square feet of exhibit space.
Presentations on the state of the Army and related defense subjects are given by the Secretary of the Army, the Army Chief of Staff and other senior Army and Department of Defense (DoD) representatives.
Each year over 30,000 attendees, including senior leaders from the Army, DoD and congress, as well as foreign dignitaries participate in the Annual Meeting. The event provides a unique opportunity to showcase defense industry products and services to key Army and DoD decision-makers, discover new developments in defense technology and meet with colleagues from the world-wide defense community.
Key Information about AUSA's Annual Meeting
- Over 600 Army & Industry exhibitors using 500,000 square feet of exhibit space
- Attendees in recent years have included the Vice President of the United States, the Secretary of Defense, the Chief of Staff and Secretary of the Army
- Professional development forums are held throughout the three days for soldiers, NCOs, officers, Army family members, and industry executives
AUSA's 2012 Annual Meeting delivered more than 29,000 attendees from around the world, including:
- 18,970 attendees: 18% active military -- 82% civilian
- 10,104 exhibitors: 2.7% active military -- 97.3% civilian
- 1,639 International participants
The Annual Meeting attracts a diverse and robust audience. Last year’s event included:
- 3 members of Congress
- 275 Congressional Staffers
- 295 Senior Executive Service personnel
- 2,507 Department of Defense representatives
- Nearly 3,500 active military personnel