Conferences & Events
US Starts Training Iraqi Forces Against ISIL
The United States has begun training Iraqi army recruits, a central part of the strategy by the U.S.-led coalition that is working with the Iraqi government to retake territory and ultimately defeat Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL)
Iraq, Iran Sign MoU on Defense Cooperation
Iran and Iraq signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to broaden defense cooperation between the two neighboring states, Fars News Agency reported.
Iraq Requests M1A1 Abrams Tanks & Associated Equipment
The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Iraq for M1A1 Abrams tanks and associated equipment, parts and logistical support for an estimated cost of $2.4 billion.
Iraq Requests M1151A1 Vehicles & Associated Equipment
The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Iraq for M1151A1 Up-Armored High Mobility Multi-Purpose Wheeled Vehicles and associated equipment, parts and logistical support for an estimated cost of $579
Iraq to Seek NATO’s Support for Building Defense Capacity
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi announced plans to request NATO's assistance in building security capacity, the press statement published on NATO’s official website said.
Iraq Requests 2,000 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon Systems
The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Iraq for Advanced Precision Kill Weapon Systems (APKWS) and associated equipment, parts and logistical support for an estimated cost of $97 million.
Six Mirage Jets to Join France’s Fight Against ISIS
France will send an additional six fighter jets to aid the battle against extremists from ISIS. (AFP)
36 Iraqi Army Officers Sacked in Anti-Corruption Drive
Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi (photo) on Wednesday sacked 36 army officers in an anti-corruption drive at a time when the military is locked in conflict with Islamic State group jihadists.
US to Allocate $1.6 Billion to Train Iraqi Forces
The United States is going to deploy 1,500 additional troops to Iraq as part of the country’s mission to combat the Islamic State (IS) militant group, Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby announced in a statement on Friday.
Iraq to Acquire M1A1 Abrams Tank Ammunition
The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Iraq for M1A1 Abrams tank ammunition and associated equipment, parts and logistical support for an estimated cost of $600 million.
Iraq Names New Defense & Interior Ministers
Iraq on Saturday named its new security Ministers after the Parliament missed two deadlines to approve previous nominees for the long-vacant Defense and Interior Ministry positions.
Chemical Weapons in ISIS-Held Territory in Iraq Spark Fear
With a recent report revealing that the U.S. government had tried to hide the extent to which its troops were exposed to chemical weapons in the aftermath of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, fears are mounting that extremist militants could possibly use
British Soldiers Training Peshmerga Forces in Iraq
British soldiers are in Iraq training the Kurdish Peshmerga forces battling Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants, the Ministry of Defense in London said Saturday.
U.S. Carried Out 88.4% of Airstrikes Against ISIS
U.S. warplanes have carried out almost 90% of airstrikes against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) while Arab and European countries all together carried out the remaining 10%, U.S. defense officials said on Monday.
Iraq Receives 3rd Batch of Russian Mi-35 Helicopters
The Iraqi Defense Ministry announced here today the arrival of the third batch of Russian Mi-35 helicopters, as broadcasted in a short statement by Iraqiya TV on Saturday.
Germany Starts Training Peshmerga Forces Against ISIS
Germany has started arming and training Kurdish Peshmerga soldiers (photo) fighting against the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in northern Iraq, German Defense Ministry announced late Wednesday.
Defence Safety Conference
04 - 05
London - United Kingdom
Association of the United States Army (AUSA 2021)
11 - 13
Washington, D.C. - United States
Milipol Paris 2021
19 - 22
Paris-Nord Villepinte - France
Artificial Intelligence Defence Technologies & Cyber Security Exhibition & Conference - AIDTSEC
27 - 28
King Hussain Bin Talal Convention Center, Dead Sea - Jordan
THE WORLD DEFENCE ALMANAC 2020