Eurocopter Boost Sales by 12.5% in 2011

25.01.2012 Europe
Eurocopter Boost Sales by 12.5% in 2011

Eurocopter Boost Sales by 12.5% in 2011

Facebook icon
Twitter icon
LinkedIn icon
Google icon
e-mail icon
Eurocopter generated a record high annual turnover in 2011 as the company benefitted from long-term strategies of investing in innovation to keep its helicopter product line at the forefront, growing the international footprint, developing services businesses and optimizing internal operations.

The deliveries of 503 rotary-wing aircraft in 2011, along with Eurocopter’s enhanced support and services activities, generated a turnover of 5.4 billion Euros - representing a growth of 12.5% from the previous year, and marking the first time Eurocopter’s annual turnover has surpassed the 5 billion euro volume.

Deliveries included the 1,000th Dauphin, which was received by Indian operator Pawan Hans; the 1,000th EC135, provided to the German ADAC automobile club - one of Eurocopter’s longest-standing customers; and the 100th EC225, accepted by the Bristow Group.

New helicopter orders also picked up last year, with the 457 net bookings representing a value of 4.7 billion Euros, compared with the 346 helicopters sold in 2010.

The year’s business included initial firm orders for the new EC175; major bookings for the EC225 from CHC Helicopter, CITIC Offshore Helicopter Co., Bristow Helicopters and RTE; the continuation of orders from the U.S. Army for the UH-72A Lakota; and the first large booking for Eurocopter’s enhanced EC145 T2 helicopter version from Germany’s DRF Luftrettung.

“We marked many key achievements during the past 12 months, which were the results of our company’s across-the-board strategy to invest, innovate and improve as we continue Eurocopter’s industry leadership,” said President & CEO Lutz Bertling.

“As Eurocopter celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2012, we are well positioned for the future,” he added.

Deliveries of new production helicopters represented 51% of Eurocopter’s 2011 consolidated turnover, while support and services continued its growth to account for 38% of the total. The remaining 11% was generated by development and other activities.

Export sales outside of Eurocopter’s home country nations remained the primary source of business, at 77% of total bookings in 2011. Civil contracts accounted for 68% of the order volume, with military sales representing the remaining 32%.


Latest events

Latest Issues