The Armata MBT mock-up is to be a core of the Russian national exposition at IDEX-2021 in Abu-Dhabi from 21-25 February. The tank is considered to be the first real sample of the third generation MBT being issued after the Second World War.
The Russian exposition is to be organized by Rosoboronexport, state mediator for the arms trade, which is going to run regular presentations of Armata for potential customers during the show. IDEX is a key international event for the MENA region, and so the place for Armada first show-up outside Russia here seems to be absolutely logical.
According to Aleksander Mikheev, Rosoboronexport CEO, the company is going to obtain the so called “export image certificate” which is a mandatory document for any defense product to be sold from Russia.
The exported variants are different in certain key elements from the systems being delivered domestically. This prevents hostile nations from obtaining crucial technology when the equipment comes into their hands similar to the case with the Pantsir SHORADS being handled to the US in Libya.
The T-14 MBT on the Armata universal platform is to enter mass delivery to the Russian Army this year, according to the Rostec State Corporation CEO Sergey Chemezov. By the end of 2021 132 Armata-based machines: the tanks are to be teamed by their sister T-15 heavy armored vehicles are to come into service.
The tank is armed with a 125mm smooth bore gun within an uninhabited turret while the crew of three occupies the armored capsule inside the tank body. The machine is intended for the modern «network-centric warfare» when combat vehicles share information and tasks over the battlefield.
According to the data being released at the Army-2020 International forum, the tank has the following specifications:
- Mass: 55 tons
- Length: 10.8 meters
- Width: 3.5 meters
- Height: 3.3 meters
- Crew: 3
- Armor: 44S-sv-Sh Glacis: 900 mm vs. APFSDS and 1400 mm vs. HEAT
Internal armored capsule with more than 900 mm RHA equivalent
- Main Armament: 2A82-1M 125 mm (4.92 in) smoothbore cannon with 45 rounds (32 of them in the autoloader). Future version may use the smoothbore 2A83 152 mm tank gun.
- Secondary Armament: 12.7 mm (0.50 in) Kord machine gun (6P49), 7.62 mm (0.30 in) PKTM machine gun (6P7К)
- Engine: Diesel 1,500 hp-2,000 hp
- Power/Weight: 31 hp/t
- Transmission: 12-speed automatic gearbox
- Operational Range: Minimum 500 kilometers (310 miles)
- Maximum Speed: 80 km/h (50 mph)-90 km/h (56 mph) (estimated)