The organizers of the 11th edition of Milipol Qatar announced the success of this trade event dedicated to homeland security which took place at the Doha Exhibition and Convention Center from 31 October to 02 November 2016.
Milipol Qatar has been co-organized by the Ministry of Interior of the State of Qatar and the French-based Comexposium Security since 1996.
In her closing speech, Muriel Kafantaris (photo), Exhibition Director, summed up the key highlights of Milipol Qatar 2016 as follows:
- The event was held under the patronage of HH the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani who honored Milipol Qatar with his visit on Wednesday.
- HE the Prime Minister and Interior Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al-Thani inaugurated the show.
- The opening ceremony was attended by a number of Ministers and high-ranking officials from a across the region and from international delegations attending the event, including: Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, Kuwait; Omani Minister of Interior; Algeria's Interior and Local Communities Minister; Tunisia’s Minister of Interior; Secretary General of the Arab Interior Ministers' Council and Police Lieutenant General Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Republic of Azerbaijan.
- 35 countries were officially represented by 246 official delegates this year, an increase of 68% compared to the last edition.
- A total of 6538 visitors attended the exhibition from 103 countries which is comparable with the last edition.
- A total of 182 media representatives were in Doha to cover the exhibition.
- More than 230 exhibitors, representing 35 countries, included 8 new country entrants since 2014 with the addition of Algeria, Belize, Cyprus, Jordan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Pakistan and Uganda.
- The show featured 5 International Pavilions from France, China, Germany, North America and the UK.
- The Qatar contingent represented a large section of the exhibition floor with 54 companies exhibiting.
- A total of 27 exhibitors from France, 23 of which were located within the French pavilion.
- The Ministry of Interior alone announced 11 contracts during Milipol Qatar 2016 for a total value of QR 260.05 million (some $70 million).
- In 2018, Milipol Qatar will incorporate the existing civil defense exhibition & conference. The events are merging in order to become the region’s homeland security and Civil defense leading event.
Kafantaris also announced that the 12th edition of Milipol Qatar will be held in October 2018.