DCNS is participating in IDEX-NAVDEX, which will be held from 19th to 23rd February in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
DCNS is a world leader in naval defense and an innovator in energy. As a naval prime contractor, shipbuilder and systems provider and integrator, DCNS combines resources and expertise spanning the naval defense value chain and entire system lifecycles. DCNS delivers innovative solutions from integrated warships to strategic systems, equipment and services.
DCNS has a commitment to its customers and to be a strategic solutions provider. Based on a long term partnerships experience, the Group is determined to contribute to its customers’ self-reliance and sovereignty in the Middle East.
On Saturday 18th January, Jean-Michel Orozsco, DCNS VP mission systems and drones, is participating as speaker in the Conference dedicated to Cyber defense.
DCNS’ local and long-term commitment in the UAE is illustrated by the Group’s decision to set up an office in UAE in 2010 in order to strengthen links with the Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC).
The DCNS booths at IDEX showcase its state-of-the-art products and solutions including surface combatants, submarines and their equipment:
- The GOWIND® 2500, which represents a new generation of multi-mission corvettes, robust and well equipped, both in terms of electronics, weapons and projection capacities. GOWIND® 2500 has already enjoyed a significant commercial success as 10 units were sold in 2013 and 2014 for the Malaysian and Egyptian Navies.
- The FREMM multi-mission frigate, which combines the latest technologies developed by DCNS, is the most advanced ship in its class worldwide. France’s total order is 8 vessels with a delivery scheduled by 2022. Moreover, one FREMM frigate has been delivered to the Royal Moroccan Navy and one to Egypt in June 2015, with a five-year through-life support contract.
- Two MISTRAL-class LHDs were delivered in 2016 to the Arab Republic of Egypt, including multi-annual through-life support.
- The MU90 lightweight torpedo is the sole new lightweight torpedo in the world. Designed and built with the most advanced technologies, the MU90 torpedo is capable to counter any type of submarine even acoustically coated, deep diving, fast evasive, deploying anti-torpedo effectors or bottomed in littoral areas.
- The F21 heavyweight torpedo is being developed in response to new and emerging operational challenges to offer host submarines unrivalled dominance. The F21 has been selected for the next-generation Barracuda-type SSN fleet.
- DCNS offers CANTO® systems for submarines and surface ships, which is the latest anti-torpedo solution based on the confusion/dilution principle.
- SCORPENE® class submarines, already chosen by the Chilean, Royal Malaysian, Indian and Brazilian Navies, represents state-of-the-art in submarine design and construction. Its new generation Fuel Cell Air Independent Propulsion allows it the ability to safely operate underwater for several weeks with exceptional acoustic discretion.
- DCNS will showcase its new submarine concept-ship tailored to the needs of Generation Z. The SMX®3.0 with equipped with 3.0 technologies, better power management, unequalled operational performance and system upgradeability facilitating vessel maintenance.
In addition to its offer, DCNS is presenting vessels from the Kership range, a joint venture between Piriou and DCNS. Kership offers a large range of ships up to 95m long adapted to the many evolving imperatives of the maritime domain: anti-piracy, border control, fight against trafficking, humanitarian assistance and anti-pollution.
Last but not least, DCNS offers a wide range of support services during the entire lifecycle of both surface ships and submarines. It also offers a complete set of courses and solutions designed to train all levels of naval and industrial personnel, as well as services in naval bases and shipyards from the Design, Engineering, Construction, and Operation to the maintenance of these infrastructures.