Prince Sultan Center for Defense Studies and Research is taking part in the 13th edition of the Special Operations Forces Exhibition and Conference (SOFEX 2022) which kicked off in Aqaba, Jordan on 01 November.
The event, held under the patronage of King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan will last until 3 November.
Prince Sultan Center for Defense Studies and Research is showcasing a number of high-tech products, including Yamamah drone used for control, surveillance and monitor of moving targets, Zahim system, in charge of electronic dealing against electronic offenses, Saed surveillance craft, Ateed leadership and control system and Atyaf which is designed to pinpoint materials and unveil gases, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
The bi-annual event provides ideal platform to present and demonstrate new and innovative equipment and technologies in order to deliver swift, decisive and effective solutions that will help international forces operations and homeland security decision-makers and armed forces maintain the security and safety in their countries, regions and around the world.
Prince Sultan Center for Defense Studies and Research aims to enhance and support the defense and security orientations of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; it conducts and develops qualitative and technical research related to the defense, security, and strategic fields according to the plans and strategies developed by the General Authority for Military Industries (GAMI).
The Center’s missions include:
- Perform applied research and development to develop the know-how and provide solutions
- Conduct studies and consultations in the specialized scientific fields
- Participate in enhancing and developing the military and security industry in the Kingdom
- Conduct scientific and applied research related to the defense and security industries in service of the Kingdoms interest and protection
- Track developments and innovations in the field of defense and security industries and study their impact
- Expanding the capacity of industrial and manufacturing sectors to develop innovation in defense-related technologies, products, and solutions
- Building knowledge base and expertise in areas of strategic importance related to military and security operations
- Establishing advanced facilities and capabilities to perform defense evaluations and validation activities
- Participate in the supervision of technology transfer and localization programs related to equipment and military procurements
- Collaborate with local and international universities and research centers to execute joint activities and exchange expertise
- Develop and conduct specialized training and qualification programs