The new agreement was signed by Gilbert Font, Director of Safran Corporate University, and Lu Shunfa, President of Avic University, on September 23 at Avic University in Mi Yun, China.
The MoU sets the foundations for collaboration between the two corporate universities on a number of programs and initiatives:
- Organization of training programs within the scope of new aviation projects developed by Safran and Avic.
- Organization of conferences and staff exchanges between the two groups.
- Participation by Safran and Avic employees in current training programs at the two universities.
- Organization by Avic University and Safran Corporate University of international training sessions for employees.
- Safran and Avic employees welcomed for in-service training during the mandatory corporate internship period.
- Support for the development of new partnerships with French and Chinese public universities.
- Sharing experience concerning university-level collaboration.
Through this latest agreement, Safran will continue its contribution to the development of the Chinese aviation industry, as well as its deep involvement in training aeronautical engineers and research. Safran’s broad-based experience in aerospace propulsion and aircraft equipment, combined with Avic’s own expertise, will ensure that the two companies’ employees have access to the most advanced training programs in the market.