From June 11th to June 15th, 2018, Eurosatory LAB will open its doors: a new space dedicated to emerging and innovative companies with applications in land, airland defense and security.
Up to 70 French and foreign start-ups will present, for the duration of the event, their innovations and technologies to official delegations and industry professionals of these sectors.
The space will consist of three main areas:
- An exhibition space gathering start-ups from 13 countries: Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, United Kingdom, United States.
- An Agora hosting daily conferences around major issues of innovation: counter-terrorism, startup funding in the Defense, GAFA ...
- Twice a day, emblematic industry leaders will open the "pitch" sessions where each start-up will have the opportunity to present its projects and technologies.
Within a vast 900 m² space located in the Hall 5A, start-ups will be organized around the following key themes:
- Surveillance & Intelligence
- Cybersecurity & IT
- Man Support
- Intervention & Force engagement
- Production, Equipment, Maintenance & Logistics
- Enabling technologies
In parallel to the Eurosatory LAB, the GICAT will host 12 companies of the Generate innovation label on its own stand.
The COGES (Commissariat Général des Expositions et Salons du GICAT) is a company wholly owned subsidiary of the GICAT (Group of industries of land and airland defense and security sector). It is dedicated to the international promotion of the French land and airland defense and security industry and its sectors. In this context, COGES creates targeted events, both in France and abroad.
In addition to Eurosatory, it organizes SHIELDAFRICA and EXPODEFENSA. Shieldafrica, the leading exhibition on the African continent, meets Security & Defense needs for a safer Africa. Its next edition will take place in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire from January 21st, 2019 to January 24th, 2019. Expodefensa, the reference exhibition in Latin America for Defense and Security (in Air, Land and Naval domains) will be held from December 2nd, 2019 to December 4th, 2019 in Bogota, Colombia.
Starburst is the first global start-up accelerator specializing in aeronautics, space, and defense. Starburst is opening up major players in the sector to a new source of innovation and development of advanced technologies. The accelerator is empowering a global ecosystem of strong start-ups that have developed innovative technology to land their first major aerospace contracts and Series A financing. Starburst has 6 international offices: Paris, Los Angeles, Munich, Singapore, Montréal and San Francisco.
The Starburst ecosystem connects start-ups with a network of industrial partners in the sector (Thales, Safran, Boeing, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems, IAI, CNES and many others) as well as airlines (Lufthansa, United) and investment funds.