DCNS specialists will present papers and displays on some of the Group’s latest technologies, including:
- Scorpene Family SSKs: Chosen by the Chilean, Royal Malaysian, Indian and Brazilian Navies, Scorpene-Family submarines represent the state-of-the-art in submarine design and construction and benefits from the latest technologies for nuclear-powered classes operated by the French Navy, particularly as regards acoustic discretion and combat system performance. Scorpene is presented with its optional MESMA AIP section.
- SUBTICS® combat system combines long-range capabilities in all navigation conditions with powerful weapons (torpedoes, anti-ship missile, counter-measures, land-attack capability). As a fully-integrated system, all functions are operated from Multifunction Common Consoles and its open architecture and modularity guarantee that the system can be adapted to every type of submarines and configured according to operational requirements. It can also be upgraded during its lifetime to fulfil new missions and keep its operational superiority.
- Andrasta, a compact submarine designed to operate in coastal waters, a theatre of growing importance to all maritime nations. Being also a fearsome adversary in deep water, Andrasta combines a state-of-the-art design with stealth, agility and power. A direct descendant of the Scorpene, Andrasta is remarkably effective in any underwater role that a client navy may wish to assign to it.
- F21, the new-generation heavyweight torpedo for the French Navy. DCNS has signed in 2008 a contract for the development and production of an hundred of F21. This torpedo is designed to enable French submarines to knock out enemy surface combatants and submarines. The F21, taking advantage of the most advanced innovative technologies in development for heavy-weight torpedoes, is able to reach a maximum speed superior to 50 kts and has got a range of more than 50 km. Moreover, this torpedo is compliant with the most demanding norms of safety imposed by the nuclear submarines.
- MU90 lightweight torpedo: Result of a Franco-Italian cooperation, jointly developed with Thales Underwater System and WASS within GEIE EuroTorp, the MU90 is the sole totally new lightweight torpedo in the world. Designed and built with the most advanced technology, it is capable to counter any type of nuclear or conventional submarine even acoustically coated, deep diving, fast evasive, deploying anti-torpedo effectors or bottomed in littoral areas. The MU90 torpedo is in service in France, Italy, Germany, Poland and Denmark and has been delivered and accepted by Australia.
- CONTRALTO®, the new-generation torpedo defence system, has been especially designed in order to face the appearance of new advanced torpedoes. Based on the concept of dilution/confusion, CONTRALTO® is available for surface vessel and submarine. It can be readily incorporated into new-build designs or added to existing ships as part of a refit or modernisation programme. In 2009, DCNS signed a contract to equip the entire French submarine fleet.
- Undersea warfare: Undersea and mine warfare products include detection and location systems, countermeasures and undersea target weapons. The systems used to detect undersea targets include active and passive sonar systems carried by submarines, surface combatants and aircraft, non-acoustic detection systems and the environmental parameter measurement sensors required to optimise sonar performance.