The Rolls-Royce Power Systems business unit, with its core brand MTU, will present itself more clearly in future as an integral part of the British Rolls-Royce engineering group. A new brand architecture is currently evolving, which will be visibly implemented as of autumn with the launch of the new MTU website. The new, clear brand structure will support the PS 2030 strategy of the Power Systems business unit and the global growth path. Rolls-Royce will be the corporate brand and the employer brand.
Consequently, the companies within the business unit that include MTU in their names will be given a new designation. MTU, as the brand name customers are familiar with, will continue to be used to identify the company’s products and solutions. The current MTU Onsite Energy brand for decentralised power supply systems will be integrated into MTU.
One of the first visible steps to be taken will be the renaming of four operating companies, which manufacture products and solutions: MTU Friedrichshafen GmbH will thus become Rolls-Royce Solutions GmbH in autumn 2019. This will be followed by MTU America Inc., which in future will operate as Rolls-Royce Solutions America Inc.
Today’s MTU Onsite Energy GmbH in Augsburg will become Rolls-Royce Solutions Augsburg GmbH and MTU Onsite Energy Systems GmbH in Ruhstorfwill be renamed Rolls-Royce Solutions Ruhstorf GmbH. The remaining subsidiaries will successively be given new designations based on the above examples. The products of Bergen Engines will also be part of the new brand architecture.
“The new brand architecture will provide clarity and improve the recognition of our company and its products,” said Andreas Schell, CEO Rolls-Royce Power Systems. “Our new profile is a clear commitment to Rolls-Royce, as its second largest business unit. By the same token, Rolls-Royce is committed to our MTU brand, which is something we are proud of,” Schell added.
The new brand profile will be visible with the launch of the MTU brand’s new website in autumn of this year. Additionally, company employees will be given e-mail addresses with the domain suffix @rolls-royce.com, plus new working clothes that will emphasise the affiliation of the MTU brand with Rolls-Royce.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver clean, safe and competitive solutions to meet our planet’s vital power needs.
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems is headquartered in Friedrichshafen in southern Germany and employs around 11,000 people. The product portfolio includes MTU-brand high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships, power generation, heavy land, rail and defence vehicles and for the oil and gas industry. Under the MTU Onsite Energy brand, the company markets diesel and gas systems and battery containers for mission critical, standby and continuous power, combined generation of heat and power, and microgrids. Medium-speed engines from Bergen power ships and power generation applications.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- Annual underlying revenue was £15 billion in 2018, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services.
- In 2018, Rolls-Royce invested £1.4 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 29 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
- The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills.