EDGE Group, which in just two years has risen to become one of the world’s leading advanced technology companies, has concluded its participation at Dubai Airshow on a high following the launch of a range or new cutting-edge products to market, and the signing of a several new international agreements and partnerships with leading OEMs, defence and technology companies, and suppliers. EDGE enjoyed the largest presence at the five-day event and welcomed royal delegations and dignitaries from around the world including the UAE’s senior leadership, other world leaders and politicians, and prospective customers.
EDGE and nine of its aviation and aerospace focused entities signed 16 joint developments with several major industry players including Boeing, Embraer, Raytheon Emirates, CATIC, Lockheed Martin, L3Harris, IAI, GIFAS, STRATA, SANAD, LEIDOS, and ANSYS, among others, and also conducted a symbolic opening of the Middle East and Africa Distribution Centre in Abu Dhabi, a co-operation between GAL and China’s CATIC.
His Excellency Faisal Al Bannai, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, EDGE Group, said: “The success of the Dubai Airshow this year both testament to the resilience of the aerospace industry and the incredible strides EDGE continues to make in the sector. This is just the beginning - the determined first stages on a journey which will see us transform the technology landscape in the UAE. While we are the sum of many innovative parts, we are able to operate as a start-up while having economies of scale”.
“The 13 products we have launched last week join over 20 new cutting-edge indigenous products and services introduced over the past two years, and we have a further 40 under development. We continue to forge stronger partnerships with established OEMs around the world, whenever opportune, to ensure we continue this trajectory,” he added.
Major EDGE developments at Dubai Airshow included:
- GAL Awarded AED11 Billion Exclusive Contract to Service UAE Air Force and Air Defence Aircraft
- EDGE Unveils New Additions to its Portfolio of Reconnaissance and Combat UAVs
- HALCON’s Pioneering SkyKnight Air Defence Missile System Details Major Program Milestones
- The First UAE-Made GPS Anti-Jam System for Resilient Navigation
- GAL and CATIC opened the First Regional Distribution Hub for Aircraft Logistics
- EPI to Extend Machining Contract with Boeing
- AED3.2 billion (US$876.7 billion) contract signed for Supply of Precision Guided Munitions to the UAE Armed Forces
- EDGE collaborates with EMBRAER to introduce HALCON Advanced Weapon System on A-29 Super Tucano
- EDGE Partners with SANAD to Provide MRO Services for Rolls Royce TRENT 700 Engines
- HALCON Enters Five-year agreement to Utilise ANSYS Engineering Simulation Solutions
- AL TARIQ Completes Successful Integration Programs, Adding Enhanced Modularity and Mission flexibility to Munitions Range
- EPI and STRATA join forces to boost UAE aerostructures manufacturing capabilities
- EPI to renew AED310 million (US$85 million) contract with STELIA aerospace
- GAL and AMMROC Signed Depot Level Maintenance Agreement
- AMMROC signed C-130 Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM) and Upgrades Contract with Tunisian Air Force
“EDGE will continue to be a disruptor in the creation and manufacture of superior solutions for growth and greater national security and we are supporting in multiple domains around industry 4.0 to create an environment for sustainable economic growth, establishing the UAE as a world-leading centre for future industries, and promoting superior ‘Made in the UAE’ products and services in international markets. Our focus will continue be in the development of superior Autonomous Systems, Electronic Warfare and Intelligence, Smart Weapons and Smart Guided Solutions with speed and agility,” Al Bannai stressed.