DSNS will build two modules and subsequently ship them to the yard in Surabaya. The simultaneous construction and testing of the modules at two different locations signifies the unique modular building strategy of Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding; a method unparalleled in the naval shipbuilding industry.
All modules will be assembled at the PT PAL (Persero) Shipyard under main contractorship of DSNS followed by Harbour Acceptance Tests and Sea Acceptance Trials.
The engineering process for the second SIGMA 10514 PKR frigate, for which the contract was signed 14 February 2014, proceeds as scheduled and construction is foreseen to start in approximately 6 months.
The acquisition of the SIGMA 10514 PKR Frigate is part of the further modernization and expansion of the Indonesian Navy, TNI-AL. The main missions and tasks of the SIGMA PKR 10514 will be in the domains of naval warfare as well as Maritime Security missions and tasks. Also, the vessel may be used for humanitarian support tasks.
- Length: 105 meters
- Width: 14 meters
- Displacement: approx 2400 tons
- Propulsion: Combined Diesel and Electric(CODOE)
- Crew: 100 - 20 spare accommodation
- Helicopter: ability to carry an organic helicopter
- Combat System:
- Extensive Air, Surface and Sub-Surface Surveillance capabilities
- Guided Missile Systems and gun systems for Anti-Air Warfare and Anti-Surface Warfare
- Torpedo systems for Anti-Submarine Warfare
- Active and Passive Electronic Warfare Systems
- Tacticos Combat Management System
Damen Shipyards Group offers a complete range of naval and patrol vessels ranging from 7 to over 200 metres. Part of this portfolio is the Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) naval combatants and auxiliaries, embodied by the SIGMA and ENFORCER series.
Photo: Surabaya (Indonesia) – Mr. Hein van Ameijden (Managing Director of DSNS) handing over the contours of PKR 1 to Indonesia’s Minister of Defence, Mr. Purnomo Yusgiantoro.